Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Help

• Please log in to reply

ptc1800

ptc1800

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

For the past month or so I've been getting totally random BSODs. Some have been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Last week I thought I fixed the problem because I found out one of my 1 GB memory sticks went bad. So, I RMA'd the stick and got a new one. I'm using the new stick but just today I got another BSOD, I forgot what the error was.

I will test the new memory later tonight to make sure that isn't bad.

I hope it is just software and not hardware. I think I really should reinstall Windows because I downloaded a lot of programs over the past eight months since my last reinstall. I know I've foolishly downloaded some pretty crappy software a few times. I've included my latest minidump. If anyone can find out more with my minidump I would appreciate it. Thank you.

EDIT:
I also included my DxDiag.txt if that is any help. And I also added another ZIP with all my minidumps.

Attached Files

Edited by ptc1800, 31 August 2008 - 10:30 PM.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Replying to subscribe to topic.

I'll be checking out your minidump file when I get home, unless anybody else beats me to it.

ptc1800

ptc1800

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Replying to subscribe to topic.

I'll be checking out your minidump file when I get home, unless anybody else beats me to it.

Thank you. I also want to say that I ran memtest this morning for 11 hours which was 16 passes with no errors. I've backed up most of my files and plan to do a reformat sometime soon.

Also want to say that these BSODs seemed to have started about a month ago when I swapped out my DVD-RW drive with an older CD-ROM drive because I wanted to copy a music CD that my DVD drive wouldn't copy. After I copied the CD I put DVD-RW drive back and removed the CD-ROM drive. I don't know if that is the cause of my problem but it was weird that right after I did that I started getting random BSODs.

Thanks again for any help you can give.

Edited by ptc1800, 01 September 2008 - 01:48 PM.