Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with color profile in XP

• Please log in to reply

ZoneIII

ZoneIII

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I apologize if this isn't the right forum to post this question but I remembered that I got the best answers to my questions in this forum in the past.

When I open a picture in Photoshop, I get an error messages saying, "The monitor profile 'Samsung Natural Color Pro 1.0 ICM' appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software."

I ran the calibration software again but I still get the message.

From time to time, I have had this problem in the past and the solution that always worked for me was to go to Display Properties/Color Management and remove my monitor profile from the list. It worked every time whether I actually ran my monitor calibration again or not but I can't delete that profile now. When I try to remove it, I get an error message saying, "An errro occurred while disassociating SM223BW.ICM" (That's the profile for my Samsung monitor.)

(Since first posting the above paragraph, I went into device manager and deleted the Monitor driver. I was then able to remove it from Color Management. The error then went away in Photoshop but the next time I booted up, the profile was back and so was the error message.

I should also mention that I just reinstalled XP a couple days ago to fix a non-related problem. Everything is running fine now but I just can't seem to get rid of this profile error.

How can I fix this problem? :)

Edited by ZoneIII, 01 September 2008 - 11:19 AM.

Advertisements