Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help with DVD.

• Please log in to reply

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Hi i have a two drives connected to my computer.One is DVD and the other is Cd drive.
My DVD drive gives problems some time.Last time it gave me problem was when i tried to
run TIN TIN cartoons DVD on my PC.It never worked on my PC.When i double clicked the
drive icon it showed that it was empty.Then one more time when i wanted to check the softwares
given by PC Magazine it gave the same error.Please tell me how to make all the DVD'd work
on my PC.
Thanks in advance
Regards

Advertisements

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
if u see a lot of scratches on the dvd then sorry... u cant make them work. trying more will harm ur dvd drive

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

if u see a lot of scratches on the dvd then sorry... u cant make them work. trying more will harm ur dvd drive

No the DVD's were new.I bought TIN-TIN cartoons cd's.They were new and had no scraches on them but still they were not getting read by my DVD drive.I got a DVD with some IT book i wanted to check the softwares i got with it.I tried to open it but it was not getting accessed by my DVD drive.But then again when i wanted to watch my cousins wedding movie it worked and i could even make copies of those DVD.please help me i am not able to understand why some DVD's are not working on my system.

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
if u have nero software in ur system then u can do this to test the quality of those dvd

start -> programs-> nero->Extras ->disc speed

and run the scandisk test on the dvd... if u see a lot of damage sectors then the dvd disk is faulty

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hi i have a two drives connected to my computer.One is DVD and the other is Cd drive.
My DVD drive gives problems some time.Last time it gave me problem was when i tried to
run TIN TIN cartoons DVD on my PC.It never worked on my PC.When i double clicked the
drive icon it showed that it was empty.Then one more time when i wanted to check the softwares
given by PC Magazine it gave the same error.Please tell me how to make all the DVD'd work
on my PC.
Thanks in advance
Regards

I have recently noticed that the DVD'S which I burnt are not opening when i try brouse them
going through mycomputer. But when I enter the DVD in Drive its opening by autorun.Please tell
me why I am not able to brouse my DVD's through mycomputer.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi sahyd2don :)

Are you able to browse the particular DVDs on a different computer with no problem?

Troy

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hi sahyd2don :)

Are you able to browse the particular DVDs on a different computer with no problem?

Troy

Yes I am able to brouse those DVDs on different computer without any problem.Today morning I have tried Uninstalling and reinstalling DVD drives drivers. I had to do that three thimes then it read the DVD which I have created using the same drive few days back.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
So after uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times, you are able to read the DVDs no problems now?

Troy

sahyd2don

sahyd2don

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

So after uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times, you are able to read the DVDs no problems now?

Troy

The problem is still there.Many times the DVD drive is not reading. some times it works but that too when its running the cd automaically not when we manually try to brouse the dvd.my dvd drive never read cd's.