Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with BENQ LCD Screen

• Please log in to reply

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hey guys. I'm having a problem with my BENQ LCD screen and since last time I came to the hardware forum for help I got a really positive and helpful response, I'd figure I would come again!

Basically what happens is, when you plug in the screen into the wall, it starts turning on an off, flashing the BENQ logo. And even when it's plugged into a computer that's outputting a signal, it stays stuck in that on/off cycle. Does anyone know what this could be? Is it fixable or not?

My plan is to take it to some repair shop to get it fixed, but I don't want to pay their diagnostic fees just to tell me it can't be fixed.

Thanks in advance,
-jaimejd007

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most monitors have three years warranty. If its under warranty, take it back.

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I don't know if it's under warranty or not. This monitor was given to me like this. Where can I find out if it has a warranty still?

-jaimejd007

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Contact BenQ or whoever you obtained it from if possible.
Typically the monitor is covered for three years from purchase date or the manufacturer date on the back of the monitor.

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Manufacturing date in the back of the monitor says September 2003. So it's exactly 5 years old. Am I SOL?

-jaimejd007

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Out of warranty most likely.
Easiest solution is to buy a new one, available now for peanuts.

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
lol. The whole reason I got that LCD was because they gave it to me for free because it was broken. Oh well. Guess I'll throw it away, then. Thanks people!

-jaimejd007