Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Issues with Virtual PC '07

• Please log in to reply

ipods619

ipods619

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hey all,

Sorry if its in the wrong forum.

Alright so here's the issue. I installed VPC (Virtual PC 2007) and wanted to boot a Hackintosh (Mac for PC).

After burning the ISO, I booted directly to the CD to ensure that the burn successfully completed (and all went well... I was able to being installing)

Now, the issue is when I try to boot from VPC. When I open up the Virtual PC console, edit the settings for the Hackintosh and start it (making it read the physical D: drive) I get the following error:

An unrecoverable processor error has been encountered. And I'm forced to restart the machine.

I can't even get to the graphic portion before this error message arrives. I figured there may be something wrong with how I configured it, so I gave it more RAM (600MB) and increased the HD (20GB) but still the issue is there.

My computer specs:

P4 - 3.00GHz
1024MB RAM
160HD

Any idea whats causing the issue?
I'd prefer someone who's had the issue (and resolved it) to respond, but if you have any suggestions I'm willing to try them.

Thank you.

Regards,

Advertisements