Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burnt Dvd Audio Skipping HELP!

• Please log in to reply

skybrady video editor

skybrady video editor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,
I run my own video business and at the moment am having problems with the dvds I am burning.
I am using Nero 6.5 (Nero 7 apparently has lots of bugs.. and it seriously messes up video codecs)

I have 2 burners, and have the same problem regardless which one I use.. (I do not think it is the burner)

I think it is the way the DVD is being encoded maybe?
Anyways I burn a dvd.. The video is fine.. But in occasional parts of the dvd.. The audio will skip. Maybe on 2-4 times of a 2 hour DVD.

This is a serious problem I need to fix.
I uninstalled Nero 6.5, and installed Nero 7.
(Nero 7 messes my video codecs so this was just a test.. I do not intend on using 7 regualrly)
Nero 7.. did NOT have this problem.. But had a worse problem!
This time the audio on the actual DVD menu screen was just intolerable. It sounded like a scratched cd it skipped so much.

This is what makes me think it is Nero.
There is no flaw with my videos as when I inspect them on pc they are faultless. No audio skipping at all.
It is a problem in the burning process and I believe it is nero.

Any suggestions or solutions?
I don't want to pay $200 for version 8 of Nero if it won't fix the problem.
Dont want to pay for some other software if it wont solve the problem!

Happy to buy something if I KNOW it will fix. :) :)

Advertisements