Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Changing VPN virtual adapter(NIC) MAC addresses

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi... Am trying to change the MAC address on a VPN virtual adapter... Been having trouble using software such as T-mac, Amac, Smac, windows MAC address changer... got in touch with the respective developers and they say it can't be done using thier programs...

Some of my remote sites (7 out of 55) won't come up on my VPN server (or when they do; instead of being a stable connection, it rotates through the problem sites) and the only reason I could find for this is because the last 7 pc's were cloned from one image. The only thing I could find in common between them is the VPN NIC MAC address...
I know my way around a pc but not an expert (completely self taught) and wouldnt really feel comfortable changing the registry settings etc in case I botch it up...

Any other ideas??

Running XP SP2- have temporary remote access through a web based server so would prefer a remote solution (due to fact that the PC's are scattered all over the country)