(1) It takes about 5 minutes to fully start Windows;
(2) the task-bar got "primitive" (like previous Windows versions);
(3) opened windows does not show in the taskbar;
(4) there is no sound;
(5) I cannot copy files;
(6) I cannot search;
(6) when surfing the Web I get "Cannot creat DirectShow player";
(7) there are some more problems I don't remember now.
All of this happened after restarting due to a scan and repair with Spyware Doctor version 22.214.171.12402 which revealed some infections. Prior to doing that I created a System Restore Point. So after it all went wrong I tried to run the System Restore appilication to undo all the mess, but it doesn't work and I get a "System Restore is not able to protect your computer. Please restart your computer, and then run System Restore again". After restarting it still doesn't work.
Things I've tried to do to solve it but failed:
1. Trying to enable System Resotre through services.msc (it was in "automatic"). When I tried to start System Restore service there I got the following error message: "Error 1068: The dependecy service or group failed to start".
2. I went to %Windir%\INF and tried to right clicking on "sr.inf" and then 'install' but it didn't solve the problem.
I believe that Restoring is my hope.
If you think System Restore will solve the problems - please help me fix it.
If you don't think System Restore will solve the problems - please suggest your solution.
Please help me, I'm so desperate here