Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help, what have I done?

• Please log in to reply

jkohm

jkohm

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I replaced my cpu, powered the system up, The bios reported finding a new cpu and asked me te review the settings. I noticed one of the hard drives was missing from the setup. The HD power cable had come lose. At that point I think I did something stupid. Instead of exiting the bios setup I powered of the system with the power switch and connected the HD power cable, then powered on the system. Fans come on, standby power led on, no beeps, no display. What can I do now?

Hardware: Asus P5Q Pro MB, Asus eah4850/hdt/ video, Q9550 cpu, 2 - WD Caviar SE16 sata300 500gb HDs, 8gig OCZ Platinum DDR2 memory.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Have you tried clearing the bios? Remember to disconnect the main ATX power connector from the motherboard first, then clear the bios using the motherboard jumper. Leave in the clear position for at least 30 seconds, then return to normal position. Reconnect the power to the board & power on the system.