Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost wireless xtremgiga whatever ethernet in the vast of laptop world?

• Please log in to reply

kamijo13

kamijo13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
a day ago, I was able to get online through my home wireless connection. My laptop did its usual update and nothing was found to be updated. This morning I started up my computer to find that my wireless light was red(means disabled), not green(enabled) anymore. I figured it was my router with no signal. However, I reinstalled the router, and to no prevail, it was not the problem. My cable internet & router are working perfectly.

I tried to see what the problem was with my laptop.. when I opened the network connections, my wireless connection was deleted. So I could not "enable" or find out what caused it. Upon searching the control panel I came across the "HP wireless assistant" I clicked on it, nothing happened. Nothing loads. Since then, I have a billion errors regarding memory failures. So I have no wireless Icon at the bottom, nor a wireless "Ethernet" installed. And probably a billion memory errors. No viruses detected.

I did not delete anything I shouldnt have. I never delete anything from the computer. How could my computer delete its own wireless ethernet? How do I fix it...

And I'm not taking apart the laptop... wouldn't even know where to start.

Not sure if anyone understands... hope I can get some insight....

If not, I'm gonna have some "geek" fix it and charge me a ridiculous amount of money!

Advertisements