Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soundcard not working!

• Please log in to reply

Jamie4400

Jamie4400

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am currently using windows XP and have an audigy SE 7.1 soundcard. I got the pc from a friend
and dont have the cd for it, I did however download the driver from the internet and it has ben working fine for the past few days.
Today however, my sound has randomly stopped working and I dont think my pc now has the software for the card because
it detects it as it comes up with PCI found but it dosent work. I have checked all the plugs leading into it and they are fine.
If I go onto sounds and audio devices its all greyed out. I tried to reinstall the driver but it comes up with an error message
saying "setup is unable to detect the supported product on your system". The only thing I can think of is that I used tune up utilites 2008
to stop a few programs from starting when Turn on my pc allthough I dont think I touched anything to do with sound
Any help would be much appreciated

Advertisements

Philip Kingsley

Philip Kingsley

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Looks like its PCI card. Try unplugging the card and replugging it!!