Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Transferring text from Powerpoint to Word

• Please log in to reply

Kalian

Kalian

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hi i am not very familiar with office programs. i am a college student and my professor does all his classes through powerpoint (which he lets us download online) and i would like to transfer the text to microsoft word. I was just wondering if there was a faster way than copying and pasting the text from each slide as his lectures are pretty long.

could anybody help or am I SOL?

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Look here

DanielOz46

DanielOz46

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
The above does work, if you know what it says. It took me a minute to figure it out. Open the saved Powerpoint document and click on File. You will see a Send To option there. Select to Word and presto it works! Good Luck.

Kalian

Kalian

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Look here

hi,

i just had a chance to look at this; in class now and it worked like a charm.

thank you for your help!

:)

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Glad it worked out. :)