Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ethernet/Interet Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply

TaylrMayd

TaylrMayd

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am attempting to establish an intenet connection to a computer that I had to reload the original boot software on. I think there is an issue with my ethernet connection. It may possibly be missing a some application or something because when I connect from the modem, it does not recognize my ethernet connection. I know that both the cord and the modem work, since I am using it now for this particular message on someone's laptop. When I go in the system my ethernet has a big question mark beside it and and disabling/reabiling did not help. If any one has a clue as to getting this working I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
TaylrMayd

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,888 posts
Hello TayIrMayd,

Try re-installing your network card drivers.
If your network card is an on-board card try re-installing your chip-set / motherboard drivers.

Regards,
Olrik