Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loading personal settings then immediately logs off

• Please log in to reply

Eluzion32

Eluzion32

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey guys. I have a similar issue as what some other users have had, but it seems a bit worse. Hopefully a *geek* can help me out. Once i power up the PC and get to the logon user screen.kewl...This PC has multiple user accts...i can click on any of them.says" loading personal settings", flashes the wallpaper,then says"logging off,saving your settings"... It also does it in safe mode. None of the options work in safe mode. It did it for me 1 time in safe mode to where i was able to run a scan with AVG Free, then wouldnt work after that. I changed my boot settings to give the options of booting my CD ROM with the recovery disk, but that wont work either. Just doesnt give the option to boot from cd. u can here the cd, going,but slow and just dont give the "press any key" option,then just goes back to the user account logon screen. Any suggestions besides blowing this thing up?

Edited by Eluzion32, 03 September 2008 - 08:04 AM.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello Eluzion32 and welcome to Geeks To Go.

First thing although you sort of censored your words I would like to kindly request that you watch your langauge, this is a family site accessible to users aged 13 and above and we do not need to see that kind of language, thank you.

In regards to your issue I would like to reccomend doing a repair installation, please see this post by admin

Edited by wizzy2k5, 03 September 2008 - 07:22 AM.

Eluzion32

Eluzion32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Do you mean, by disk? because thats a problem too. I can get the cd to boot at startup, even though i changed the settings in bios. and i edited my *bleep!* I apologize

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Do you mean, by disk? because thats a problem too. I can get the cd to boot at startup, even though i changed the settings in bios. and i edited my *bleep!* I apologize

Aplogy accepted :) thats correct I mean by disk, if you cannot boot from cd we may have problems, I don't know if this can be done but if someone can claify this I would be grateful, what you could try is booting off an external cd drive but this maybe a problem if your computer doesn't support booting off a usb device.

Is it a laptop you have or a pc? if its a pc and know someone with a spare cd/dvd drive you could install that or get that installed as a slave and install like that maybe?

Regards

Eluzion32

Eluzion32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
its a desktop PC...and YaY!!!! i have 2 extra.and it does support external.ima try it... If it dont work,u'll be giving me more ideas, i hope.lol

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
When I said external I mean booting off a external usb device, example booting off usb before it loads up :) no harm in trying though or trying another cd/dvd drive.

If it doesn't work come back and if I can think of anything else to try I will say so :) if not i'm sure someone else will be able to

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I can get the cd to boot at startup, even though i changed the settings in bios.

Do you mean can't..boot from the cd drive..
after changing the boot order did you save the settings..

Eluzion32

Eluzion32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
yes...i cannot boot from it after changing the order.it doesnt even give the option of pressing any button to boot from cd. i added another cd drive, and it isnt working either

Edited by Eluzion32, 03 September 2008 - 10:17 AM.

Eluzion32

Eluzion32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
OK!! i'm stumped..i cant figure this thing out.i added a slave drive, and even switched the master and slave drive around,but it still wont boot up with the cd ROM.. is there anything-else i can try?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you have not got the bios set to boot from the cd drive or if you have 2 optical drives it set to the wrong one..

Eluzion32

Eluzion32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
it started off as 1 optical drive, and still wouldnt do it. i added the 2nd as a slave, then re-arranged them to see if it would work. it didnt. i put in a utility disk and a recovery.neither would boot... this is what it looks like after setup:

-System Boot Sequence
.Date/Time bootable).
.Boot Sequence
1.Onboard or USB CD-ROM Drive
2.Onboard SATA Hard Drive
3.Onboard or USB Floppy Drive
4.Onboard IDE Hard Drive (not present)

+-Drives
+-Onboard Devices
+-Video
+-Performances
+-Security
+-Power Management
+-Maintenance
+-POST Behavior

*this is a dell dimension E310

Edited by Eluzion32, 08 September 2008 - 10:17 AM.

Eluzion32

Eluzion32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is what my Boot Device menu says

Boot Device Menu

*Onboard or USB CD-ROM Drive
*Onboard or USB Floppy Drive
*Onboard SATA Hard Drive

*System Setup
*Hard Drive Diagnostics
*Boot to Utility Partition

Use Up/Down arrows to highlight desired item.
Use Enter to select highlighted item.

Selected boot device not available-
--strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility

Eluzion32

Eluzion32

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
GOT A QUESTION!!!! i copied an answer from another forum site...my question is, how would i go about doing this, if i cant access any files or even have use of the CDROM? this person had the same symptoms, but was able to fix hers. I ask you guys,since this thread was written in 2004 and dont know if i'd get a reply in a decent time frame...thanks,and i apologize for any inconvenience.

"""RE: 'Not able to Load Personal Settings in Windows XP'
Not able to Load Personal Settings in Windows XP
- I could determine the root cause - I had deleted the windowsSA folder assuming it to be a
virus hence, the problem. It also won't allow to run in recovery Mode from XP CD.

Fix - Copied the userinit.exe from C:\windows\system32 folder from another laptop (XP Home)
and copied to mine laptop in the same folder. After this, renamed it to wsaudaptor.exe

This fixed the problem

I was able to log in.

Thanks for all the suggestion."""