Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't run Microsoft Office 2007/Adobe Reader from Start Menu/Quick

• Please log in to reply

jericholaw

jericholaw

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

For some apparent reasons, my Microsoft Word, Excel.. 2007 and Adobe Reader can't be launched from either my Start Menu or Quick Launch. I have no problem opening the programs from the original directory though. And it is able to run properly before it suddenly stopped doing so.

Other programs like Notepad and such are still able to work and run from Start Menu and Quick Launch.

I'm not sure if i did something, but i don't seems to be able to figure out why. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
The link to the short cut(s) has most likely been broken.
Right click on the icon(s) and select delete.
Than drag the Icon for the program to the start menu, and quick launch.
You may also right click the working icon and select send to. From here you may select the start menu, and quick launch.

jericholaw

jericholaw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I have tried this method, didn't work too. Initially i thought the shortcut link could be wrong, but i click and check on the path, it's just the same as the working icon from the "All Programs" tab.

Hm.. Any other suggestions?