Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with my connection

• Please log in to reply

reload147

reload147

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I cannot connect to my internet with a network cable.. :)
it used to work fine until i connected my wireless adapter...
after that i just couldnt connect.. well not exactly...(it says connected but i cant go internet with it)
ok, after that i disconnected my wireless adapter and the reconnected with network cable.. it connects but i cannot use internet with it :)
im currently connected with wireless adapter..the problem with this adapter is makes games really really laggy..
I got modem connected with netgear router and then used to have router to pc with network cable.

In the network icon at the bottom right it says Local Area Connection 4
Activity
sent and recieve is gray and packets it says 207 | 0

Edited by reload147, 07 September 2008 - 01:03 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first edit your post and remove the HJT log...they are only to be posted in the malware forum...

Lets try and see whether you have equipment related problems. In this step, we will allow the equipment to self-diagnose and resolve the problems.

If you suddenly lose connectivity over your High Speed Internet line, have a slow connection or are unable to browse the Internet despite indications that you are connected, it is possible that your modem is not communicating properly with the Internet network.

Save all your current work, close all open applications, then shut down your computer ...unplug router and modem

Power up the modem first and after it gets initialized and all the lites are steady..
power up the router...after all the lites are on...
power up the computer

The above steps should take care of your problem

no joy then try this..

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands click on Start.... Run..... type in...CMD ....press enter....to open a command prompt box

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults...type in ... netsh winsock reset catalog .... press ...enter

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults...type in...... netsh int ip reset reset.log ... press ...enter

reload147

reload147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I tried the first option but didn't work so tried the second option it worked!!!
You are the best :)

Thank you happy rock

-Reload

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :)

reload147

reload147

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
heey no fair i cant do that emote :)
but i am amazed you know job well done with first reply :)