Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Laptop Freezes Up

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellute M70-SR2 laptop running Windows XP Home.

The laptop has been frezing up when you move it, sometimes it will freeze up if the table it is sitting on is banged hard enough.

Sometimes I get the blue screen, sometimes I get a blackscreen, sometimes it just freezes up and sometimes it just reboots on its own.

I have just finished trying new ram, still have the problem. Bought a new HD and it still happens.

Anybody have any suggestions? I just used the toshiba recovery cd and loaded avast other than that I have not installed anything else on the laptop.

After the last crash I manged to get the error signature, dunno if this helps.

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 80042000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

I am running out of ideas and I really do not want to take it into a repair shop, got hosed the last time I did that.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
if you only happens when you move it or when it is banged I'd say it sounds like either 1) a hard drive ( which you replaced... ) or that there is a bad connection somewhere inside..... You could try reseating your memory and your harddrive and any cards you may have for it... also when this happens is it plugged in or on battery or both?