Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express Wants Password

• Please log in to reply

miken46

miken46

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
All of a sudden Outlook Express is asking for a password. I never used one before and don't know what it is so I can't access my mail. It says authorizing and then goes to the log on.Can you help please.
mike

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Is this the one for opening OE or the password for the server OE is trying to get your mail from? If last one, might return to the account set up for the mail account and go through setting the PW again. Make sure "Remember password" is still checked. Or delete the account and set it up again in case the files haven't become corrupted. It could just be a problem with the server end. Can you access the account online with same PW?

Edited by Major Payne, 03 September 2008 - 06:00 PM.

miken46

miken46

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
The host 'woh.rr.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'woh.rr.com', Server: 'woh.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

I deleted and set up a new account and password. I no longer get asked for my password but still get this error message. Might this be an IP problem or could I have some thing configured wrong? Thanks
mike

miken46

miken46

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Problem Solved. I somehow had the wrong incoming address. I don't remember changing it but who knows. Thanks
mike

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Kinda thought it might be something like that. Has happened to me too many times. :)