Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Harddrive not showing up

• Please log in to reply

Brian8673

Brian8673

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I was getting the blue screen right before the windows xp boot up screen would come up and so i checked out my system to discover one of my RAM sticks was nuked or dead. Once I got the system booted up, one of my hard drives won't show up in the device manager or BIOS. The hard drive contains all my backed up files, music, and movies and cannot afford to lose it. Also, I realized only 256 RAM is showing up and on my mobo i have one 256 stick and another 512 but it isn't showing up.

Can anyone help me at all with my problems?

Any replies or help is deeply appreciated and I will get back ASAP!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The first thing i would try is installing the HD in another computer and see if you can see the files on that computer. If you can and the other computer has a DVD burner its quite easy to burn some DVD's so you will never lose the data again, no matter what computer you have.

SRX660