Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open hyperlink in Excel 2007

• Please log in to reply

dalejrfan5874

dalejrfan5874

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have several web addresses saved as hyperlinks in an excel workbook. They have worked fine, until now. None of them will open. The only thing I've done differently on my computer is change from a Cable modem to AT&T Fast Access DSL. I have the workbook saved on both my desktop and laptop, and when I try to open a hyperlink I get the same error on both. When I manually type in the exact same web address I have saved, it works fine. This is the error I get. "Unable to open http://shopper.about....archondev.com/. Cannot locate the internet server or proxy." This same error comes up on all the hyperlinks. There are 144 total hyperlinks. I really think the DSL is the problem, because both my computers have been acting strangely since I began using it a couple days ago. Is there a way I can fix this without having to manually type in the web address into my browser? Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by dalejrfan5874, 03 September 2008 - 11:36 PM.

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
It might be caused by a firewall AT&T may have put on your pc but you can goto the microsoft link below and try there solution to see if it works. If not, you need to look into all security software on your pc.

Microsoft Help Link

Good luck