The very first thing to do is try to do a so called 'release/renew' which will renew your connection with the gateway.
The following list will show you how to do so.
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt
(Vista users will have to right click "Command Prompt" and run it as administrator)
- A black box will appear. Type in: ipconfig /release
- After it is done releasing. Type in: ipconfig /renew
- This should renew your connection with your gateway.
To do this do the following:
- Turn off all computers connected to the router
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem and the router
- Wait at least 5 minutes
- Plug in the power cord into the Modem and wait at least one minute for it to initialize
- Plug in the power cord into the Router and again wait at least one minute for it to initialize.
- Power on one computer and try to connect to the Internet with it.
- If the one computer can connect to the Internet, then you can start turning on the other computers one-by-one and checking their Internet connection.
If these 2 simple steps won't work, then there might be something more going on.
In this case you can post on the forums and can request detailed help.
Edited by Artellos, 04 September 2008 - 12:35 PM.