Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Cleanup

• Please log in to reply

estoi

estoi

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi there,

I've scrolled through other topics on the forums in order to free up disk space. However I seem to have reached an impasse with the Disk Cleanup tool.

It's been stuck on two bars for about an hour. Does it actually take this long or does this seem excessive? Please let me know as I'm desperate for more disk space.

Cheers!

Advertisements

estoi

estoi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I've also had a look at other 'disk cleanup problems' posts and followed the 'geeksdownload' link but it takes me to another website and I can't find the easy Cleanup download that I need.

Thanks.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
I've just used Windows' built-in Disk Cleanup last night, which took around 2 hours to complete. I can't remember the last time I did it, which explains why it took so long. A good habit would be to perform this once a month along with disk defragmentation. The time it takes for Disk Cleanup to finish depends on how much it needs to clean up, so a once-a-month habit would easily cut the time it takes to finish to several minutes. It also depends on the size of your hard disk and the files you have.

I've also had a look at other 'disk cleanup problems' posts and followed the 'geeksdownload' link but it takes me to another website and I can't find the easy Cleanup download that I need.

Are you talking about this? http://www.geekstogo...amp;showfile=15

The Download File button works for me.