Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Latency Problem With 2 Comp connected to D-Link Router

• Please log in to reply

Julian831014

Julian831014

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!
I will try to give as much helpfull information i can provide to help me with this issue...
first of all, if only one computer its connected the latency its normal. For example on a game such as counter strike i would have 50-60 Ping and have no problems.
Once my brothers computers its turned on the latency of both computers will fire up and jump constanly from 300-900 Latency. my conection its Bright House cable. This problem i did not have it with a prior router that i had (Linksys)
i have some experience with computers but i have not been able to fix this problem. the latency problem its not only on games but also over all activities over the internet once both computers are on. i tryed reseting the router and doing a follow up with the cable modem. the Ping will be stable for meaby 30min for both computers then, the problem will show eventually once again.

I would apreciate if some one could explain in step by step how can i solve this issue with my latency. I will greatly apreciate it.

Thank You!

P.S. If you neeed any other type of information let me know i will do my best!...

Advertisements