Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory could not be "read". error

• Please log in to reply

kcarlisle1

kcarlisle1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Working on Win 2k sp 4 system that started getting error when any application is started.
Instruction at 0x732e7800 referenced memory at 0x732e7800. Memory could not be "read".

Have installed all updeates available, updated anti-virus to AVG 8.0 free version, ran CCLean. Attempted to run virus scan in safe mode but not able to do so. Can not run virus scan in normal mode either, will not launch

Hijack this log was created, but system closees window before I can copy and paste log. Uploaded word file instead.

Short of re-installing OS, is there anyone with an idea of what to try next? Business pc that has software that can not be reloaded due to loss of original packages. In dire need of any assistance.

Thank you

Attached Files

Advertisements

dkm1987

dkm1987

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the exact same problem. Is there a fix to this problem. Any real help would be greatly appreciated.

On boot up it affects
Acrotray.exe
DirectCD.exe
CreateCD50.exe
fm3032.exe
VPTray.exe

When I try to run most executabes it occurs as well.

Other items of note.

Opening of IE causes an error with the normal send/don't report screen but IE opens after restarting IE again. After which point IE works fine.

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
How much RAM memory do your computers have?

My initial thought to both of you is perhaps you do not have a required amount of memory.

When did the issue start exactly? All of a sudden or has it been a while or after a possible update?