Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backup files in SafeMode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I need help backing up my files while working in Safe Mode. My computer won't let me log in. When try to log in, it shows me the desktop then logs off immediately. I have tried editing the registy, loading the hive, ran the avast antivirus before the computer before rebooting and nothing has worked so far. I can only use my computer while in Safe Mode, but when I try to burn my files to a CD, it won't let me. All the drivers are disabled. I found a post describing how to force the cd burner driver to work but didn't work. I want to reformat my hard drive but don't want to lose my files.
Can I use an external hard drive to save my files? Do I need a driver installed to use an external hard drive. I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Duplicate

Murray