Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo messenger suddenly not working

• Please log in to reply

MegletTX

MegletTX

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Okay so I've been using the Yahoo messenger 9.0 beta for Vista (I have home premium 32). It's been kind of laggy here and there and reminding me all the time that it's a beta with it's little odd, obnoxious quirks but I've been surviving and using it okay. As of yesterday it froze up trying to load and wouldn't even after I rebooted the computer. I uninstalled it successfully but decided I didn't want to fool with the beta anymore and wanted to go back to the regular (and more stable I thought) version since that was rather the straw that broke the camel's back. I tried installing the 8.1 and it got stuck at 99%. I tried a second time, the same thing happened. It appears as though it was installed but I never got to the completed point of the installation. I tried opening it and it won't open (doesn't even give me an error, it just doesn't do anything). I tried running as administrator, still nothing. I try uninstalling and it freezes up every time. It also won't reinstall, it freezes up doing that as well. I did recently uninstall AVG antivirus and went back to Avast but I USED to have Avast and Yahoo messenger worked fine with it so I don't understand what the problem is. I wouldn't make such a big deal about a messenger but I use it for my job (I work from home and we use messenger to communicate throughout the day) and I absolutely hate using Trillian which I have been using to get by with for now. Anybody have this problem and find any way to overcome it?

Edited by MegletTX, 05 September 2008 - 12:51 PM.

Advertisements

MegletTX

MegletTX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Never mind, a mod can feel free to close this thread. A few hours the last post my computer suddenly had some sort of major issue and crashed. When I booted up Yahoo messenger was in the tray at startup but disappeared. I ran as administrator and it gave me an error about not cocreating a my yahoo .dll and closed. I went to programs and uninstalled it successfully. I don't know what that means but it's gone now. :)