Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP !

• Please log in to reply

AFCSteve

AFCSteve

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Please help me. Ive somehow managed to lose a whole folder of my sons photographs dating back 3 years.
I dont know what i have done , but i still have the folder on my desktop but it is now empty. I tried shifting the photos folder into another folder on my desktop but a warning sign came up " this folder already contains this photos folder , do you want to replace" and as i clicked yes , another sign came up "cannot move folder it is being used by another person or program"
After these two warnings i checked the folder and it was empty , i am absolutely gutted.

Advertisements

the chemist

the chemist

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Don't know if this is any help at all, but 1st off don't go moving stuff about or, if the files are still there, you may overwrite them.
Get FileRecoveryAngel and you will be able to get them back if they are deleted.
That's assuming you don't have Norton Utilities with Protected Recycle Bin etc.
Try running a search in My Computer, including subdirectories and system and hidden folders, as they might just have wound up somewhere unexpected.
If they are deleted, the Angel will get them back so long as they're not overwritten.

Good luck.

AFCSteve

AFCSteve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thankyou mate , i'm going to give that a try now.