Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless PCI Card Not Working

• Please log in to reply

networkz

networkz

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I have a "USR5416 802.11g Wireless Turbo PCI Adapter" that I've had in my other computer for awhile now and I recently got a new computer, so I took the Wireless Turbo PCI Adapter out of the old one and put it inside the new computer. I'm pretty sure I put it in correctly and installed the new drivers on the new computer.

However, it finds about 3 networks(internet connections) in my area but none of them have signal(weird?) and when I tried to connect to my desired connection, it reboots after 4-5seconds of trying to connect to it.

I've tried reinstalling and making sure it's fitted perfectly inside the socket.

The weird thing is, I was transferring files from my external drive to my HD and it rebooted after like 3minutes(when the PCI card was inside). So I thought that was pretty weird...so I pulled the PCI card out and tried to transfer my files again, everything went fine and no reboots.

Anyone have any idea why it isn't working? =(

Thanks!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I don't know for sure but if you switched from XP to Vista it may be the drivers don't work with vista.I've found a lot of hardware does not have drivers for Vista.

SRX660

networkz

networkz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hmm...It's XP to XP =/