Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Awsome Web browser issue

• Please log in to reply

Kylestern

Kylestern

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Howdy!

So i have another very unusual random error that hoping maybe someone can help me out with .....

www.ea.com cannot be accessed by my PC. vista 32

Troubleshooting steps :-

Removed ALL 3rd party security - was running kaspersky
opened up the domain in windows advanced firewall
bypassed router and modem straight to pc
allowed ea.com into trusted sites
tried Multiple browsers
checked the hosts file ... cleared!
tested on another pc connected to my same network - access ok!!

I'm convinced it's some very very weird security policy ... just can't figure it out - can't be my ip being blocked by EA otherwise no-one on my network would be able to access.

and I've opened this PC so far a 12 year old with a DS could access it!! and still every other web page on the net bar ea.com --- other areas of EA no issues .. just the domain ea.com ....

Any ideas fire away!

Extra note ... i ran into something similar while on a friends pc in the UK --- some tech messed with her XP security policies ... and ANYTHING MSN could not be accessed - msn servers / program -- Everything .... think it's something similar just cant find it.

Edited by Kylestern, 06 September 2008 - 10:55 AM.

Advertisements