Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus help

• Please log in to reply

Willowvampire

Willowvampire

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

I have AVG and spybot and I have done several scans with them. Each time it finds viruses and trojans but every time I get rid of them they just reinstall and I scan again and they are there, again.

How can I get rid of them permanently? my net seems to be slower than usual, I am getting popups, my desktop keeps disappearing and I have a blue screen on shut down so that I have to manually turn my computer off.

I have used Hijackthis and got someone to have a look at the log, I fixed a few problems and now there seems to be little to no pop ups but the other problems still remain.

Here is the blue screen I get: Posted Image

If you could suggest how to fix this, maybe anything better than AVG which could get rid of viruses which keep returning? I know maybe the only way is to wipe my computer and reinstall everything but I don't have a disk and I would rather not do that if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

I have used Hijackthis and got someone to have a look at the log, I fixed a few problems and now there seems to be little to no pop ups but the other problems still remain.

Hello Willowvampire and welcome to Geeks To Go.

Are they or another forum still helping you with your log? if so do not post on 2 forums with the same issue as advice from forum to forum may conflict. If you are not getting help from anyone or any other forum and all topics have been solved or closed then please do the following below.

I reccomend you read the following topic here and then post your problem here.
Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you :)

Regards

Willowvampire

Willowvampire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi, thanks for the help so far. :)

I am not getting any other help on the other forum as the person doesn't know what to do about the blue screen when I shut down. I haven't had any pop ups for a while since that person helped me with Hijack this, but still having the blue screen on shutdown.

I have just done a spybot scan and these are the things which have come up:

Avenue A, Inc
Doubleclick
MediaPlex
SmitFraud-C. Toolbar888

Here is the Hijack this result which I will also make another topic about in the forum you linked to. Have you got any suggestions as to any better alternatives to a combination of Spybot and AVG which would fully protect me from spyware/malware/viruses/trojans etc?

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

I reccomend you read the following topic here and then post your problem here.
Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you :)

You need to follow the second link to the Malware Removal Forum, This forum is not for Hijack This logs.