Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Direct 3d Error on Sims2 game

• Please log in to reply

Kandi525

Kandi525

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,  I hope someone is able to help me with this.  I seem to be getting this error about 15min into playing Sims2 Apartment life expansion.  The cd had securom on it just in case that is vital info.  EA apparently thinks i will pirate the game but whatever. The error is this:
Direct 3D returned an error D3DERR_NOT AVAILABLE! The application will now terminate.what ive done so far was...obviously checked my system requirements, ive updated all drivers, updated my direct x and SDK, ive balanced my graphics card settings and it just seems like nothing will get rid of this error.  When i run dxdiag, the only file with an error is this:d3d9d.dll 9.18.0944.0000 Final Debug dated 7/31/08I made sure the directx options are all set on retail versions and i have looked for this file and found it in my system 32 file but it doesn't quite match...the file is called 9.18.944 without the extra 0 and is dated today.  I am so lost and ive run out of ideas.  If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.  Oh i seem to crash (get he blue screen of death) in World of Warcraft as well but only after an hour in a zone that is using more blue graphics than any other zone...i think this file is the culprit but im not really sure.thanks so much! k

Advertisements

Kandi525

Kandi525

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,  I hope someone is able to help me with this.  I seem to be getting this error about 15min into playing Sims2 Apartment life expansion.  The cd had securom on it just in case that is vital info.  EA apparently thinks i will pirate the game but whatever. The error is this:
Direct 3D returned an error D3DERR_NOT AVAILABLE! The application will now terminate.what ive done so far was...obviously checked my system requirements, ive updated all drivers, updated my direct x and SDK, ive balanced my graphics card settings and it just seems like nothing will get rid of this error.  When i run dxdiag, the only file with an error is this:d3d9d.dll 9.18.0944.0000 Final Debug dated 7/31/08I made sure the directx options are all set on retail versions and i have looked for this file and found it in my system 32 file but it doesn't quite match...the file is called 9.18.944 without the extra 0 and is dated today.  I am so lost and ive run out of ideas.  If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.  Oh i seem to crash (get he blue screen of death) in World of Warcraft as well but only after an hour in a zone that is using more blue graphics than any other zone...i think this file is the culprit but im not really sure.thanks so much! k