Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resetting my laptop

• Please log in to reply

gauguin59

gauguin59

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Guys,

Where on my acer laptop would I find the calender to reset my computer to, say, how it was a week ago?

Thanx

Advertisements

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Well if you created a system restore point a week ago then it is definitely possible. All you have to do is just click "Start" and open up your "Control Panel". And then in the search box, type in "system restore" and you should click on the option that says "Restore system files and settings from a restore point". Then just follow the instructions that pop up on screen. This would be how I'd do it for Vista. If you have XP, it might be a little different.

And shouldn't this go under a different forum? :)

Edited by Amaterasu, 07 September 2008 - 10:35 AM.

gauguin59

gauguin59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you Amatersu,

This question follows my previous post re: This Graph Cannot Preview.

I took the problem to my local computer shoip guy who recommended that I reset my computer to an earlier date.
I used the same forum because it's a question about resetting hardware, Thanks

gauguin59

gauguin59

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
By the way............. it worked and I can now webcan with my girlfriend in Dubai, save a relationship, get married and live happy ever after, (in theory) Many Thanks