Here's my new system idea. I'm looking at doing multimedia work, particularly graphic design, editing music (but not in a huge way, just some basic stuff in Audacity), games, and basically having a system which lasts.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 8500
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 4870
O/S: Windows Vista Premium 64-bit (OEM)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy (OEM)
HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000 rpm
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 RAM - Corsair Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF w/fan, 1066mhz
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-2014L1T DVD Writer
Power Supply: Corsair TX750
Case: NZXT Alpha
I just have a few questions:
- Can you see any compatibility issues?
- Will the parts fit in the case?
- Will stock cooling be sufficient for all of these parts, the CPU in particular?
- Any other thoughts? Cheaper but equal alternatives for parts?
- A 1TB external (eSATA) HDD - there's a Western Digital model I had my eye on...
- another Sapphire 4870 in Crossfire
- 4 GB more RAM - I think the motherboard can handle up to 16GB, but it only has 4 DIMMs and I've never heard of a 4GB stick....
Will the power supply I've chosen have the headroom to support these parts?
Edited by ignarukih, 07 September 2008 - 06:05 AM.