Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display Adapter Trouble

• Please log in to reply

setfree75

setfree75

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:D I've written before, but I think I have a better idea of the problem now. My Mom has a Nvidia geforce2 mx400 display adapter which won't let us adjust the display properties. I've reinstalled the driver, but after rebooting, am told I need to reinstall the driver. I've used the correct driver from the manufacturer and used the download you suggested. However...one thing I forgot to mention, when reinstalling, it always says it can't find the file default.tvp and I have to find it from a backup file in windows. I'm wondering if this file is corrupted, but why isn't it included in the download from Nvidia? A techie I spoke with said to go to the standard VGA monitor first and then reinstall, which I did, but it still does the same thing. Is there any way to get the actual cd for this driver? I'd really appreciate some help. <_< :D

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
I need more info on the card is it a pci or agp whats the mb's on it ?
you can take a look at this site on it XFX SITE
<_<

setfree75

setfree75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
:D Nothing on that site about it, but I did some research. Looks like it's AGP, and possibly 32MB??? Also, I spoke with my nephew who thinks some of the problem may be with the Win ME application and wonders if I put the WIN 98SE back onto the computer..would this correct this problem. He said this was manufactured back around the same time as Win 98SE, so it would probably be more compatable with that. I'm headed down to my Mom's again next week (300 miles away) :D so I can work on it then. I'm not too experience with computers...just trial and error with my own and really appreciate the time you've taken to help me. <_<

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
is this the card you have?
click here
<_<

setfree75

setfree75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
You know what...I'm not down there. I'm going to have to call her and ask. I have it all printed...but it's there and not here. I think it is though.