Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Outlook Express 6 locks up only on one certain message

• Please log in to reply

gengammy

gengammy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have recived a certain email message in OE 6 from email address that has been ok for a year or two. If I select this message,the hour glass appears and does not go away.I cannot open the message,delete it,move it,nothing.( I can select IE and other programs that are already in my desktop toolbar and those function normally all the while the OE hourglass is still going ,so problem appears to be OE only .I have to do "Ctrl,Alt,Delete" to end OE. and then I see 2 instances of Outlook Express and both say "not responding". I select one of them and then "end task". That will end BOTH instances. I can select any other email in my Inbox and everything in OE works fine,just this one email causing trouble.I called my local ISP and they had me go into Safe Mode and reset winsock something. No help,everything just the same. I am using IE 7,Windows XP ,Media Center Edition,Version 2002,Serv. Pk 3,have Compaq Presario,AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+,219 GHZ,960 MB of RAM with 149 GB free space at this time. Thanks for any help.