Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

turning on computer

• Please log in to reply

What about Bob

What about Bob

• Pip
  • 3 posts
how do I turn on my computer by using just shaking the mouse?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Hello What about Bob,

What are you referring to?
Do you mean after standby or hibernation? or a complete power turn on as if turning the main power switch on.
?

What about Bob

What about Bob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
A complete power turn on as if turning the main power switch was turned on. That is how my wifes computer works and I just wanted to do mine that way. When we shut hers off we do a normal shutdown and all the power goes off on her the computer just like mine. When we turn it on I just move her mouse and it starts up like I hit the power switch. I have windows XP as she does.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
I am not aware of any way to turn main power on to a computer by moving a mouse. I suspect hers is set up for a standby or hiberate mode.

Look in control panel under power options.

What about Bob

What about Bob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the help anyway.
I've checked all the power options on both computers and they are the same. Neither are on standby or hibernate.
Trust me her computer turns on by just shaking the mouse. What a puzzle.
Thanks.