Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

640 x 480 + 16 colours

• Please log in to reply

HairyBooger

HairyBooger

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have Windows ME and my screen resolution won't change.

Under Display Adapters it says :

Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)
It says that this is working properly.

Under other devices there are 3 yellow "!" splodges :

PCI Card
PCI Ethernet Controller
PCI Multimedia Audio Device

Can anyone :tazz: me?

Advertisements

linuxwannabee

linuxwannabee

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
;) Have you acquired the PC from someone else, or else done a reformat/reinstall of the system?

You are missing important driver files - one for an ethernet network card, and several multimedia devices - which can include your video card (your using the default used by Windows at the moment) drivers, sound card drivers etc..

Have you got your original CDs that came with the system?

If not, you need to know what your hardware is.

TIP: Before re-installing an operating system, always check the Device Manager first, to see what hardware is in your system, then go to the vendor web site to download appropriate drivers.

You may have to take the cover off of your pc to find out the hardware spec of the above items - or, easier if it's a 'badged' pc from a well known vendor, go to their web site for driver support - should be a searchable list of drivers, even by model type/no.

Hope that all helps

Good luck :tazz:

DaveB - LinuxWannabee