Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE and Firefox Certificate Error

• Please log in to reply

rsa

rsa

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am having this problem since several months ago. Everytime I go to a https site I am always having this kind of an error.

Secure Connection Failed

www.xxxxxxx.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate expired on 5/23/2008 7:59 AM.
(Error code: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate)
* This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
* If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

Or you can add an exception…

Anyone is welcome to give suggestion/solution to this problem.

Advertisements

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I hear that you can fix that specific error code simply by synchronizing your clock. All you have to do is right click on your clock and then select "Adjust/Date/Time". Once you're there, select the "Internet Time" tab and then choose server time, hit "Update Now" and then apply the changes.

rsa

rsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I hear that you can fix that specific error code simply by synchronizing your clock. All you have to do is right click on your clock and then select "Adjust/Date/Time". Once you're there, select the "Internet Time" tab and then choose server time, hit "Update Now" and then apply the changes.

I checked my time and so far its correct per checking. I've been to the "Internet Time" tab and what is placed there is "time.windows.com" the only option I have in there plus "time.nist.com". I updated it already and the problem stays the same.

Also I noticed that because of these errors I am not able to get manual updates from Wndows update.

Edited by rsa, 08 September 2008 - 12:54 AM.

lsyts

lsyts

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thank you Nor Gal. I did as you suggested and it corrected the errors I was getting.