Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recurring infection

• Please log in to reply

sfister

sfister

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, Ihope you can give me a little insight into whats going on. I was running win xp home sp3 on my desktop. This morning I began having some goofy issues. My pc was running super slow and I was getting all these popups for malware and my desktop changed to a spyware warning. An attempt to bring up task manager gave the message that the task manager had been disabled by the administrator. Any attempt to install anti-malware programs resulted in a lock up or automatic reboot.
So I reformated my HDD, after getting my pc set up after the format I had all of my drivers and most of my progs installed, but before I could get my windows updates I GOT IT AGAIN!!!. I noticed that INTERNET SPEED MONITOR showed up in the add remove programs panel. I am in the process of formatting my HDD again(started that before I found you guys). And was hoping someone could enlighted me a bit on whatsw going on or maybe tell how I may be getting this.

Advertisements