Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Maxtor External Hard Disc

• Please log in to reply

Ashutosh

Ashutosh

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi..

I have recently purchased Maxtor Exernal Hard Disc of 250GB, which i work with my HP Pavilion DV 1000 series having Windows XP Home Edition installed.
Few Days back i was trying to copy some data from another laptop having Windows Vista installed.
After this data transfer i realised that some of my data files are disappeared and only few of the old files remained on the HD along with the newly copied data.
Surprisingly current data size is only 35.7 GB, however if i check the availability on disc from My Computer it shows 111GB, which was precisely the approximate data size before this incident happened.

I have attached the relevent screen shots with this topic.

Request you to help me out retrieving my old data.

Thanks & Regards
Ashutosh

Attached Files

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Not sure what could have happened but in data recovery the only piece of software I have ever used that has actually worked and recovered not just data but full file names is from Easeus and it works brilliantly and in fact one of only two pieces of software that I have used that actually works for recovering data.

Also word files are not the best way to the post the problem, if its an image stick it in the post direct or via an external image host and link to it.