Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bootup,Big Problem

• Please log in to reply

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi guys, tried to boot my pc this morning and everything has just went crazy.First of all it went through the usual bios screen then to the windows screen but after a few minutes it returned to a screen giving me the option to start normally,last good configuration point and safe mood.I tried all those options but each time it just kept returning to the bios setup page and running through the same proceedure over and over again.This happened a few weeks ago aswell but I shut the computer down and rebooted and all worked well to now.
I was reading alot of the mail here and decided to use a bootable startup cd i'd made a few months ago to see if that could help in anyway and yes it took me into windows after doing a lot of scanning and then gave me all sorts of error reports making me think my whole system has crashed and every bit of data lost.
After the bootable disc stopped scanning my system this is what it reported, "The system has recovered from a serious error,a log has been greated",

Error Signiture,BCCode:c0000218 BCP1:E1c90350, BCP2:00000000, BCP3:00000000, BCP4:00000000, OSVER:5_1_2600 SP:3_0 Product:256_1

Error Report Contents. The following files will be included in this error report.

C:\Windows\TEMP\WER48ba.dir00\Mini 090808.01dmp
C:\Windows\TEMP\WER48ba.dir00\Sysdata.xml

After that finished I started getting loads of messages with the title,"Windows Delayed Write Failed"

Windows was unable to safe all the data for the file.The data has been lost,this error maybe caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection,please try to save this file elsewhere.

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Ahead\Nero Home\crawlercfg.dat
C:\Windows\system32.
C:\Winsxs\polices
C:\Program files\Common files
C:\Program Files\Sygate\spf\tralog.log
C:\Windows\Prefetch\DUMPREG.EXE-1B46F901.pf
C:Windows\Temp\WER4498.dir00\explorer.exe.mdmp
C:\$MFT.
C:\Windows Temp
C:\$Bitmap
C:\Windows\System.32

That is only some of them to give you an idea as i had to click each one to close it and another pops up with the same message as above.

A blue screen also appeared with this message,

Stop:C0000218 (Registry File Failure)

The registry cannot load the hive(file):SYSTEMROOT\System32\Config\system or it's log or alternate.
It is corrupt,absent or not WRITEABLE.

BEGGINING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY.

This also popped up,

System Shutdown,

The shutdown was initialized by,NT.Authority\System

I think that is what it said as it went away so quick.

It would really be a great help if someone could advise me on exactly what has happened or is happening and if anymore information is needed.

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey Seamey well it seems like u had a big problem on that but reading ur post i found this " The registry cannot load the hive(file):SYSTEMROOT\System32\Config\system or it's log or alternate.
It is corrupt,absent or not WRITEABLE. " well as u know ur system was infected and ur files are corrupted by some virus or something.
i will recommend u to get all ur stuff and save it into ur USB or somewhere and formatting ur system right away .

Even if u try to fix something into ur systems it will never fix it by this way , u will get urself crazy as well so dont try it u will just get mad at urself and nothing will fix it so good luck and tell me how was it . :)

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hey thanks for the reply.As regarding virus's on my system it was bug free an hour before this happened so i have ruled that out.
Update on my problem...Didn't know the make of my hard drive so striped the puter casing and removed the hard drive(Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ,"ST380817 AS SCSI")to get a better look,replaced it and closed up the puter.An hour ago i switched on my system and after going through the bios startup a few times and then to the page that gives you the option to start Normally,last good Config or Safemode,I just hit normal startup and what do you know,it has now let me into Windows.When i got to the desktop it gave me the message, "The system has recovered from a serious error,a log has been greated", this was the same log as stated in my first post.
The system is still running now but i know all is not right after all those errors messages I got at the start,and all those files that have been lost while it was last running,especially the Registry file that were deleted and whatever else.Now that the system is running,do you think i should try to do a system restore,I created a restore point on Saturday before I updated to Service Pack3 and all these problems started,do you think that would help.??

Downloaded the Seagate ("Seatools For Windows") Diagnostic Tool,tried to run that but just got more error messages,"Problem Logging To File,Log not saved" I've un-installed and reinstalled it to see if that would work but just the same result,would that have something to do with some filing system??
I have left the computer running all night as I am afraid if I switch it off it won't bootup again.
Put a USB Flash Drive in to day and it wouldn't install,it even threw up the hardware wizard to install that, never happened before as I have used them on my system before.
Any help would be most appreciated guys.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Please close this Thread.