Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system problems after using the PC for a while

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

scissorhands

scissorhands

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I formatted my computer a week ago using Windows XP home edition CD but during the format, some of the files could'nt be properly installed. I installed Kaspersky anti-virus program which found a few trojans, also in my external hard drive and cleaned them. But the computer started to give system errors like dll errors or lsass.exe errors. I installed regcure and ran the software, the computer started to work fine but after a while, other system errors started to appear, like lsass errors, active X errors, missing paths and also blue screen. I installed Fx sasser but it didn't find anything. After a while, explorer stopped to work properly, not responding. I ran the computer in the safe mode and restored the system back to its first condition after running regcure. Than I downloaded SDfix and ran it in the safe mode to scan the computer but it found nothing. When I start to use the PC, it works fine for a while but than problems appear. First, internet browsers start not to work and eventually system errors are generated. Tonight I have left the PC open and when I came back, found a blue screen. I ran in the safe mode and restored the system.
So I tried as I could; but in vain:) Can you propose any solution to my problem?

Thanks a lot

Özlem

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Duplicate post.