Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell external speakers

• Please log in to reply

Litmatch21

Litmatch21

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have these old Dell ADA425 2.1 Speakers (w/ subwoofer ) which work fine when I connect to my laptop via the headphone jack.
Posted Image

However, I'm trying to use them with my turntable which has an auxiliary output.
Posted Image

Is there a specific connector I can purchase which will allow me to connect my external speakers to my turntable? I've tried searching Google but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Please excuse if this isn't the proper forum for this topic.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

Assuming that it will work if you simply connect the line out sockets on the turntable directly to your speakers, then you need 2 things (as I can't find a single adapter that does this) :

1) A cable with 2 phono plugs on one end & a single socket on the other:

2(M) into 1(F) phono cable

2) A phono plug to mono socket adapter:

phono plug to 3.5mm socket

I use a similar setup myself for connecting my PC's sound card (line out) to my stereo amplifier.

Litmatch21

Litmatch21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I've been looking for. I believe the following is the equivalent of the 1st product you mentioned, http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_e_3

I don't exactly know the function of the second product you mentioned, but will I still need it with the above equivalent cable?

Edited by Litmatch21, 10 September 2008 - 10:39 AM.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
No, you would only need that one cable - that was one I was originally looking for but couldn't find!

Litmatch21

Litmatch21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Thank you. I'll post the results when possible.

Litmatch21

Litmatch21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Worked like a charm. Thank you.