Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

shift keys not working

• Please log in to reply

Chamelion

Chamelion

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
Any capital letters you see in this post is because of me switching on and off my Caps Lock button.

Anyway, for some unknown reason both Shift keys on my keyboard have stopped functioning. I had made the attempt of cleaning the keyboard to see if that was the problem, but it still doesn't seem to do anything. I don't know what had caused it outside of a soda spill my dad made earlier in the day, and I don't want to risk ruining anything else on the keyboard that currently works.

Aside from having to buy a new keyboard, does anyone have any good suggestions on how to fix the Shift keys

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
no. try a rummage sale or a recycling place maybe you can find something cheap/free....

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Keyboards are given away these days for next to nothing.

Gwalchgwyn

Gwalchgwyn

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hehe, Logitech G15 can go for up to $80 :/

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Hehe, Logitech G15 can go for up to $80 :/

well if you are poor you can't be chooser.... you can also get coffee that is $10 a cup but that doesn't mean you have to spend that to get it....

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
You can't get much cheaper than this:

http://www.kikatek.c...;source=froogle

Chamelion

Chamelion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
That's all well and good, but I'd like to know how to fix this current keyboard, not get a new one.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Toss it in the dishwasher?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Keyboards aren't hard to get and are an item of hardware susceptible to wear and tear and eventual replacement. They aren't made with fixing them in mind, if the dishwasher doesn't work you'll need to get another one as fixing the things is just not worth it when you consider that you can more often than not get the for free if you ask around, you'll find allot of people have more than one keyboard from an old computer.

It would be nice to be able to repair everything but sometimes it just not possible.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Keyboards are disposable and by the time you've spent time messing around taking them to bits, loosing the critical part on the floor and swearing at the unit a lot, its far quicker and convenient to buy a new one.

The original poster doesn't say where' they're from but a new keyboard you can get for under £3 on its own on eBuyer, or $2.99 on NewEgg.
Not that I recommend you buy a keyboard on its own online since you'll spend more in postage but anyway...