Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Major Windows XP sp3 problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey guys, first post :)
Just quickly popping on to ask for some help with my computer, Its a Dell Dimension 3100 running windows xp home edition at the moment.
I've had a lot of problems recently, ill start off with the fact that When im on msn messenger and the internet, that after maybe half an hour my windows contacts cant receive my messages and my web pages dont seem to be able to load, im using bt broadband.
problem. 2. When i start up my computer a load of pop ups appear on screen and i can get rid of them by closing them but they popup whenever i start up my computer up they're just back again.
Problem .3 Since I downloaded the sp3, firefox and ie have not been able to run , i downloaded the ie beta and i cant seem to be able to get rid of it. Whenever i load up Mozilla, a crash report pops up every time and when i load up IE a popup box appears telling me that its been shutdown by the Data Execution Prevention.
problem 4. My computer is awful slow and it always seems to crash.
thanks for the help in advance, its driving me crazy. :)
I rung up dell before and they told me a way to wipe the system to how it was originally but i really cant remember
I have not got the original windows disk and i also dont have my bt internet disk as one of my old friends went back to dover with it instead of his football game ! :)
I also cant take it to a pc store to have it fixed as i dont have the funds and im deffo not ringing up dell as i dont have the patience to be on hold!
I ran a spyware check and no threats were found.
thanks again! :)