Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP Audio problem

• Please log in to reply

FallFromINFINITY

FallFromINFINITY

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Here's the deal.

I've got an old computer. It's a Micro-Star MS-6340 mobo

I have no sound card, so I have to deal with the onboard audio.
Except, Windows cannot find a driver for it. I need to find a simple driver installer.

I can't find any driver installer that works, and the one that I found has several files and no readme, so i have no idea what to do.

Can anyone tell me where I can get a driver for this machine? I have very little money and cannot afford a sound card, so that's out of the question.

Once again, it's a Micro-Star board, model MS-6340

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The MS-6340 brings back results that lead to Gateway or Fujtisu-Siemens. It also turns up in Packard Bell and HP machines.

MSI site for this board is here with drivers:
http://global.msi.co...mp;maincat_no=1

FallFromINFINITY

FallFromINFINITY

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I still am getting a error message.

"The data is invalid."

While installing the VIA AC97 PCI Sound Drivers, the error message says there's a problem with streamci and streamci.dll the messages pop up several times.

There still is no sound.

It appears as if this problem is going deeper than just the driver.