Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bios problem

• Please log in to reply

Johny Baked

Johny Baked

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone.
I am having problems with a laptop computer. Everything was working fine until I used the Partition Magic software to delete a partition with a Windows xp installed on it. Reason I deleted the partition was because I installed another Windows version in a new partition. When the laptop restarted to apply the new changes, windows didn’t load up and I got the “NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to Restart”. I then try to load Bios setup to set the CD drive to boot first and I couldn’t get Bios to load. I have tried almost everything. I removed the HDD from the laptop to get into Bios and it didn’t work. I have try all the keys F-1,2,10and11, ctrl-alt-del, ctrl-alt-s….. I got an Acer travelmate 2420 running on a Phoenix bios. One more thing I wanted to add, is that when I remove the hard drive the cd drive boots fine. But still can’t get into bios to change the boot options. Can someone please help me on these one?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The most common key to get into bios is the delete key on its own.

If its not mapped to delete its set to something Acer have decided to use as a standard so it should be in your manual, it also should flash up on the screen during boot which key to press but it should definitely be in the manual for that laptop or even any other Acer laptop of a similar age or newer.