Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Slow Start up (argh)

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, so i am very new to this place but it seems your the place to go. Now, i have a problem with start up, it takes FOREVER~!

Ive tried a few things, but lemme start at the begining.

I got a error message yesterday morning when i started up. It said something about csrss.exe

So i started looking up stuff on it and from what i believe, i think i had a virus. I ran Avira and Malware's Anti Malware program and cleaned what i could with that. From then it seemed not to help so i looked around on some forums where i was told to go into Registry Edit and search for c:\windows\config\csrss.exe

So i did and i found the Shell file. They told me to delete it first, but then a few people told me not to delete, but to just Modify the name into Explorer.exe

So i did. And it stopped the error message, but my PC started really really slow. I cant take it much more, so i came here.

Help, please :)

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello bubafin and welcome to Geeks To Go.

If you believe that malware is installed on your system I reccomend you read the following topic here and then post your problem here.
Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you :)