Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Disabled

• Please log in to reply

ghostorchids

ghostorchids

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I just installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 (KIS2009) and now I have no audio. To answer the obvious; yes, I did have audio prior to installing KIS2009. I will caveat with this - to get a successful install of KIS2009 I had to unistall Spybot and ZoneAlarm - which I did with Revo Uninstaller. As I progress through the problem I am becoming more inclined to think it is a registry problem caused by either the KIS2009 install, the unistallation of SpyBot and/or ZoneAlram or a combination of both. Below is a list of what I have done so far.

• In Sounds and Audio Devices I have enabled my sound card, but to no avail. I have updated and rolled back and re-updated my audio device drivers, still no audio.
  • I have re-installed my audio device software... nope, that did nothing for me either.
  • I tried re-allocating my audio device in Device Manager... zilch.
  • I disabled KIS2009 on startup and still no audio.
  • Become frustrated...

I am posing the same question(s) to the Kaspersky Forums but haven't got too far. I am running out of ideas. I have always got great advice on G2G in the past (as a guest) and I am hoping this time is no different.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements