Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Can't uninstall McAfee anti-virus

• Please log in to reply

Alex Saucedo

Alex Saucedo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been trying to uninstall McAfee Anti-virus because I have a new anti-virus that I want to install. I have McAfee PrivacySecurity and McAfee SecurityCenter in "Add/Remove Programs" that I want to uninstall. When I try to unistall McAfee PrivacySecurity, I get and Internet Explorer Script Error. In the Error message: Type mismatch: 'GetSilentUninstFlags'. It has under URL: "mcp://c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\uninst\mpsrem.ui::uninstall.htm"

When I try to uninstall McAfee SecurityCenter, I get a message that says "Legacy programs must be removed first." and it doesn't allow me to remove the program

What can I do to uninstall McAfee?

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Download and run the McAfee Removal Tool

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,915 posts
  • MVP
Alex Saucedo,

The tool can be found here, along with instructions on using it. Just don't follow step 3 (reinstall your McAfee products)!